Thursday, September 19, 2013

File Cabinets- taking Charge, taking control


It's  another week at work on organizing the library office ( if you have one)  or your main desk if your workspace is right at the circulation desk.  I am always working and refining on my files and file cabinets to make them more efficient.
   Now that does not mean that I am constantly working on my files and cabinets. It means that almost every week, I spend some time organizing, deleting, and compressing my files. It may be 10 or 15 per week  or  10 minutes per day.   It all depends on  what  kind of shape the files are in and also what other pressing tasks I need to complete that week.
   Do you have duplicate files? I found that in one draw alone I had several files in several places with the same name. Obviously I will take each one and see what is in each one , consolidate and then eliminate.

    Why am I doing this? Well for one reason , it makes things easier to find. Second
reason, I like orderly files. When I need something I don't want to spend extra minutes tracking down two files.  Check out my book The Organized Librarian    ( see pages tab Books for sale) for more tips  on keeping files updated and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment