Friday, November 11, 2022

Library Programs/ Displays Read Local !

   I saw this on a FB post and thought to myself- Why didn't I think of that! It was a book store that was highlighting the local authors and illustrators.

  For the school librarians, I would do a display, a book talk or read out loud to the students.I would make sure they knew who the local authors and illustrators were. In my area,(NEPA and upstate NY Catksills)

  We actually have a lot of authors and illustrators so I could do a lot!  I might highlight / read them according to the level of the books- Picture books for elementary/ Middle,. Ya for upper elementary/ middle and high school.  Nonfiction depending on levels of book / or the content that fits in the curriculum.

  Our local libraries have special sections in each area , that have the local authors, and illustrators. They sometimes host readings of the author with their work.  If they have funding, they also host book signings, readings, and special programs!



No comments:

Post a Comment