Friday, January 18, 2013

Library Mission Statement

     Do you have a mission statement for your library and your Career?  If you do not , you may want to think about doing one and having your library mission statement  posted in your library.
     Why should you do this? For starters , with a focused mission statement  you will find yourself referring to it . It will help you in your daily focus of your work. In the middle of a project , you can ask yourself - "Is this  part of what I really should be doing in the  mist of my day? Does this task/ activity help me with my mission. What can I do to move my mission forward?"
     Before you start writing , do some thinking and planning. What is your mission? What do you want to accomplish with your library, staff, and student's. Take some time , make some notes  and begin to formulate some ideas of your libraries mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment