Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Routines at the Public Library!

  In my new position as library branch manager, I have  three floors of an old bank building that is my library.  The top floor has been redone ( it used to be used by Masons). It is beautiful ! They restored almost most everything to the original  condition. It is still a work in progress.
  Any way I am developing ( with the help of Library Director) library routines that help us  begin each morning and close each night. With three floors there is a lot to cover!
   One of the most important items  heat and light. I am establishing a check list with the staff so that all items will completed at the beginning and closing of each day.   I think I will do a three column page with items that can be checked off  or noted when done. Does any one else have opening and closing procedures? Would you share?   
  I am sure there are many public library's that are bigger than mine , so please share what you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment