Thursday, December 8, 2016

Digital De-Cluttering

  I spent  time eliminating and compressing physical files from my file cabinets. But now I want to do something about my computer files and desktop. So I will look at the documents and important items that I have in my work computer and zip drives. If I can't find files I need quickly that I know  it is time to organized and eliminate. So I am slowly ( 10 to 15 minutes a day) de- cluttering and organizing  my computer and zip files so I can find things when I need them.

On my hard drive at work each teacher has a U drive,where all of our files live. Since the beginning of the year I have been slowly looking at files and eliminating duplicates. I have also created folders and put items into files that go together.  I look at each time to determine if I need it ( almost like the physical de-cluttering) I deleted what I could . What I thought I should save but might not need immediately  I sent to ma zip drive.   At a later date I will print out what is on that zip drive so I know what is on it and do not have to open it to determine what is on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment